Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tired of Winter

Yesterday was Groundhog Day. According to custom, we will have 6 more weeks of winter. Last night it snowed - again. We have had rain or snow every four or five days. Just enough time in between to dig out and come to life again and it (snow) comes again. Its not heavy/deep as the mid section of the country has had, just 5 inches. Enough for neighbors and myself to say... I'm tired of winter and ready for spring.
Recently on one of the better weather days I took a knitting class. I wanted to learn so I could share with my daughter. She knits beautifully. As the daughter of a quilter she has made a couple of quilts but prefers knitting. I can respect that and as such I wanted to understand the terminology and process. I want to share in her passion as she has in mine.
The class was fun and I learned the basics. Now I have a pink knitted square I haven't any idea of what to do with it. That's okay. I feel I can now walk into a yarn shop with her and join in the conversation creating memories for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment