Tuesday, January 12, 2010

'Ahoy' Demonstration

A few days ago I had a demonstration on the construction of a quilt block. The block was my entry 'Ahoy" which appeared in "Quiltmaker's 100 blocks'. I made several samples each a step further in the process of construction. I also made a quilt top using the 'Ahoy' block. The quilt was a twin size using 30's era reproduction fabrics. If you look through the archives you will see virtual pictures one which is the 30's zig zag layout that I used for the demo. quilt top.

The demonstration went very well. The ladies commented on the ease of construction and liked the fact of various possible layout designs.

I would like to thank the ladies of Haymarket Quilters Unlimited and 'Quiltmaker Magazine' for the opportunities given. I can't wait to make the 'Ahoy' in other fabrics and layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment