Sunday, August 3, 2014

Photo Shoot of Quilts


This week I took a car full of quilts, 18 to be exact, to my publishing house. I have been working on a book idea for a few years but this year I have been seriously applying pen to paper.  This week was the appointment time to take photographs of the quilts.

My friend Renelda, also a quilter, and my granddaughter went with me to help. It is a 3 hour drive and we talked all the way; although my granddaughter being a teenager did listen to her IPOD and slept much of the way. We planned the trip to arrive early in the area so we could stop at some quilt shops for the ‘Row by Row’ patterns at the shops.

The publishing house is always a treat to visit as it sits on park like acreage in fact they call it a ‘book farm’. It has statues and sculptures everywhere.  There is always something you haven’t seen before. With the summer sun shining on the pond my granddaughter could walk the park to enjoy the sights while I met with my editor.

After the short meeting we met with Morgan the photographer. Morgan is a lovely young woman who was very knowledgeable in her profession. We were able to take some wonderful photos in a minimum of time. The colors are bright and the images are clear and sharp. The close up photos of the quilts show the quilting stitches wonderfully. I have the CD of the photos already and I am very pleased.

We made our return trip home satisfied with a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment