Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Can you believe summer is over already? How quickly time goes by each year. I made a promise to myself that I would thoroughly clean my sewing room this summer. Thin out the magazines, pull selves from the walls, well you get the idea. It didn't happen. Big surprise, right.

But I did accomplish some things this summer. I had the surgery for my bum knee. That was a good thing. Knowing that I would be lay up so to speak for a while, I prepared several projects for hand work. I now have several quilts with binding and three small projects that needed hand quilting completed. Later this summer when I was moving around again, I went to work at my long arm Tin Lizzie. Several quilts are no longer in the UFO pile waiting.

This weekend as we celebrate Labor Day, I used the time to put in some labor. I completed a Holiday wall-hanging I have had planned for a couple of years. As the darkness descended I put in the last stitches on the top. Tomorrow I will load it up on the long arm machine. No last minute stitches the night before Christmas.

I will taken a leap of faith this year and entered the world of vending at major quilt shows. Two shows are this month. One is a 'one day show' in this region, the other is the Mancuso Pennsylvania show the 17 -20th of Sept. If you are in the region try to attend. It sounds like it will be a terrific show. I will show you the 'Labor Day' quilt.

Maybe I will get the sewing room cleaned for the Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment